This will be a short blog, only because the subject is direct and to the point. It reminds me of my father and makes me smile. My father was a dentist and had very practical beliefs on the care of teeth.
- Brush and floss 2 times a day.
- Don’t chew on ice! (It causes cracks in the enamel.)
- Get regular check ups.
- Take fluoride tablets and use fluoride toothpaste. (I know there are lots of opinions out there on fluoride, but I saw the difference it made on my teeth; several cavities every check up until fluoride, then none. My children have never had a cavity)
- If your teeth are sensitive to hot and cold, don’t drink or eat things that are hot and cold until your teeth aren’t bothered by it anymore.
- If a tooth hurts quit chewing on it, chew on the other side until the tooth can heal. He believed if the hurting tooth was left alone it would eventually heal itself.
And you know…it really works!